When it comes to keeping your lawn and outdoor areas looking great, there are some tools that you should always have available. The following landscape maintenance equipment are the essential options that every person who works in the yard should have on hand.
- Mower – You will either require a push mower for small yards, or a riding mower for larger areas to keep everything looking great.
- Pruners – Pruners, which are often referred to as shears, are used to trim small branches. They are also useful for cutting back plants, or removing dead foliage to promote better growth. If you plan to trim larger branches, look for those that have larger diameters to handle the additional pressure.
- Rakes – While there are tons of rakes to choose from, you really only need two for proper landscaping. A leaf rake, which resembles a fan with many tines, allows you to round up all those leaves and grass cuttings. A garden rake is the traditional flat variety, and is useful for leveling out dirt, mulch and other materials that are heavier than leaves.
- Shovels – You should have both a spade and a squared off shovel. The spade will be able to handle a majority of the digging requirements for planting and the like. The square shovel will help you if you decide to add walking paths, or if you want to fix uneven patches in your lawn.
- Trowels – In most cases, you will only need a hand trowel for digging holes for planting. There are options with longer handles to allow for easier planting in rows.
These are the basic pieces of landscape maintenance equipment that anyone with a lawn should have to keep their space looking great. If you are looking for the right options for your yard, contact us today at 877-463-3685.